COP21: World Summit of Regions for Climate - Paris Declaration
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Founding Chair of R20 and former Governor of California and Michele Sabban, President of R20 gathered over 1,000 representatives of cities, regions, provinces and states from across the globe to address climate change. Together and in the presence of Laurent Fabius, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development they demonstrated their determination to act by signing the Paris Declaration – a road map for the United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP21) that will be held in Paris in 2015.
The World Summit of Regions closed with a signing ceremony involving six networks of cities and regions who commit to the Paris Declaration:
- Oru/Fogar, chaired by Paul Carrasco
- Assembly of European Regions, presided by Hande Ozsan Bozatli
- ICLEI, represented par Gino Van Begin
- The Mexico Pact, presided by Martha Delgado
- The Association of North East Asia Regional Governments (NEAR), lead by Kim Jae-Hyo
- Le Fonds Mondial pour le Développement des Villes, presided by Michèle Sabban.
Collectively these networks represent over 3,000 local governments.
Download the Paris Déclaration:
- 929.3 kb