Notice: Since September the 1st 2016, the French Embassy has the legal authority issue short-stay visas (less than 90 days) for Czech Republic. The French Embassy also delivers short-stay visas for Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Greece, Portugal, Mauritania, Spain and Togo.
Please note that issuance of visas generally takes a minimun period of 48 hours. For some citizens of specific nationalities, this period may extend beyond 10 working days. Visa applications should not be submitted more than 3 months before the date of departure.
Visa applicants need a valid passport whose date of expiry must be beyond at least 3 months from the date of expiry of the visa requested. For non Ugandans resident in the country, the expiry of your residence permit must exceed at least six months of the date of expiry of the visa requested.
The visa officer will only deliver visas to people who have been granted asylum in Uganda or to holders of a work permit / a residence permit / a dependant pass/a student pass duly issued by the Ugandan immigration department. Therefore, applicants for family reunion are required to make a separate appointment and contact the visa section by email or by phone. An appointment will be booked as soon as possible.
To apply for a visa
- Download and fill in the visa form corresponding to your situation (next section).
- Dowload the list of the documents required (next section). Documents required depends on the type of visa requested.
- Book an appointment online for an interview with the visa officer. Click "Prendre rendez-vous" to book an appointment. Please note that you need to use Mozilla Firefox to access this website. Appointments are scheduled from Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM and 11:30 AM. In the absence of available slots prior to the departure date, please contact the visa officer by e-mail.
- Reminder: When crossing a border point, an immigration officer may ask you to submit documents in relation to your stay in France, and a guarantee of return to your country of residence.
- Schengen visa form - short stay - English
- French visa Form Long Stay - English
- Visa form to African countries - English
- Long-stay visa form - demande d’attestation OFII - English
- List of requirements - Schengen Visa - short stay - English
- List of insurance companies approved by the Schengen States Embassies in Uganda.
- List of requirements - Visas for African countries - English
- List of requirements - Long Stay Student visa - English
- List of requirements - Long Stay Visitor visa - English
- List of requirements - Transit visa - English
- Autorisation parentale / Parent permission - French & English
- Passport pictures’ standards - French
The payment of the visa fee is received in ugandan shillings only.
The visa fee may vary according to the chancellery exchange rate valid at the time of the payment.
- Children under 6 years: Free
- Children between 6 and 12 years: 35 Euros
- Adults 12 years and above: 60 Euros
- 99 Euros, regardless of age
In case of dismissal of your visa application, fees are not refundable.
The French Embassy in Uganda issues visas for the following countries.
- Metropolitan France and overseas Departments and Territories.
- Greece, Spain, Portugal and Czech Republic (only transit visas and short stay);
- Burkina Faso, Togo (visa valid for up to 2 days), Mauritania, Djibouti, Cote d’Ivoire and the Central African Republic (only short-term visas).
For application process, please refer to "Application process".
Reminder: The French Embassy no longer issues visa for Senegal
Since April 1st, 2014, the Embassy of France in Uganda is no longer authorised to issue visas to Senegal. Whoever needs to travel to Senegal should therefore apply online via the official website. After applying online prior to its journey, the traveller will be issued a visa upon arrival at the Senegalese border.
For the Gabon : the visa application must be done : https://evisa.dgdi.ga/
Embassy of France
P. O. Box 7212 / Kampala
Tel. (256) (414) 304 500
Fax. (256) (414) 304 520
E-mail : email@example.com
- January 1 : New Year
- January 26 : Liberation Day
- March 25 : Good Friday
- March 28 : Easter Monday
- May 16 : Pentecost
- June 3 : Martyrs Day
- June 9 : Heroes Day
- July 6 : Eid El Filtr
- August 15 : Assumption Day
- November 11 : Armistice 1918